Founder and President
2013 - ad oggi
Working to build and deploy the next generation of interactive & participatory media tools for content creators. Stay tuned for more starting up later this year.
Member of The Board
LetsBuyIt Group AG is the owner of 3 online price comparison and social shopping sites branded as LetsBuyIt.com.
LetsBuyIt was founded in 1998 and quickly became the European leader in on-line Co-Buying services, successfully enabling customers to group together to drive down the price of items through mass purchasing.
LetsBuyIt.com was re launched in 2009 in three countries – Germany, France and the UK, where it had traditionally been the most successful.
LetsBuyIt is all about providing the next generation online shopping comparison experience for both retailers and shoppers with its focus on a fully automated State of the Art operating system, social networking tools and a new outlook for the online shopping industry.
Thanks to its advanced technology which has been developed over the last three years, LetsBuyIt is able to break and change the old and out-dated Cost per Click (“CPC”) model which has haunted the small merchants for many years, to a fixed fee model, therefore taking the lead in a highly lucrative market.
Gabriele Gresta and the other Directors of LetsBuyIt Group are pleased to announce the commencement of trading on the Open Market of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The Company is trading under the symbol B49.
The Company has taken the move to become a public company on the Open Market in order to have better access to funding which will allow it to execute its strategic plans to expand into other European countries.
Member of The Board - CEO of New Media Division
Brainspark is a fast growing investment company pursuing a dynamic strategy to create a portfolio of companies within the leisure, entertainment, interactive media and financial services sectors.
Brainspark plc (AIM: BSP) is an AIM listed investment company pursuing a dynamic strategy to create a comprehensive portfolio of companies encompassing the interactive media, leisure, entertainment and financial services sectors mainly in Italy but also other European countries.
Its core investment is Mediapolis Investments S.A., the owner of a site in northern Italy with plans for the development of a large theme park. The company may be either a passive or active investor and Brainspark's investment rationale ranges from acquiring minority positions with strategic influence through to larger controlling positions.
Gabriele Gresta was CEO of the International New Media Division and was responsible of scouting, selecting and managing High Tech, Entertainment and New Media investments.
Brainspark has some unique features for a UK listed company as it is particularly active in social and charitable activities.Brainspark work closely with 'Homes for Hope' NGO (www.homes4hope.com...), a Swiss charitable organisation which Alfredo Villa, CEO of Brainspark, is the founder and a director. Homes for Hope builds houses for homeless mothers with children in third world countries. In the near future Brainspark intend to put in place more formal arrangements with Homes for Hope regarding charitable donation.
On March 7th 2012 Gabriele Gresta,chas resigned from the Company and relocated to the US to focus his energies on building Bibop Inc. in the extensive US market.
New Technology & Media Evangelist
2008 - ad oggi
As an expert in new technology and media,Gabriele Gresta is speaker in leading international congresses:
* Los Angeles (Usa) - UCLA - LEAP FOUNDATION - Secrets to Success
* Pisa (Italy) - INTERNET FESTIVAL 2012 - Roundtable
* Hollywood (Usa) - SWEDISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - The Swedish Affair
* Santa Monica (Usa) - STARTUP GRINDER - CEO of the Month: Gabriele Gresta
* Rome (Italy) - IIC Telecommunications and Media Forum - Hosted by the Italian Communication Regulatory Authority - AGCOM
* Santa Clara (USA) - TELECOM COUNCIL on Next Generation Tv
* Malmo (Sweden) - XMedia Lab - The Internationally Acclaimed Digital Media Think-Tank and Creative Workshop
* Milan (Italy) - WORKSHOP TECNOLOGIA APPLICATA AL MOBILE/FORMAT PARTECIPATIVI". The Digital Magics’s Case History.
* Geneve (Swiss) Eurovision Children & Youth Expert - MY CAST The Impact of real-time and Social media to children & youth TV programming: the RAI community
* Geneve (Swiss) – Tedex Transmedia
* Rome (Italy) - THE DIGITAL PIONEERS LUNCH – Lunch with the world Pioneers in Rome
* Rome (Italy) -"ERRARE E' UMANO ....TO SUCCEED IS DIVINE": Speakers American Ambassador D. Thorne, M. Mopretti Polegato; G. Gresta; G. Dettori; Moderator: L. De Biase
* Bilbao (Spain) - EITB - “Monetization of web video” Video Web
* Bilbao (Spain) - EITB - NONICK - Panel discussion.
* Rome (Italy) - Assodigitale -.OMNICOM EXPO
* Cannes (France) - “The Best in Multi Platform Entertainment” Mipcom.
* Cannes (France) - "Participation TV with live mobile and webcam interaction" - MIPCOM Mobile & Internet Screenings - Cross-Media Engagement Formats
Founder, Owner & Deputy Chairman
2003 - ad oggi
In 2003, Gabriele Gresta founded Digital Magics. The Company's mission: to create the most fertile industrial incubator initiatives in Italy. Since its foundation, DM has helped 30 startup with an investment of about 10 million of its own or third parties equity capital, in addition of the 3 million derived from earn outs and 3 million medium term loan. Among the investors there are major industrial groups and financial companies, such as Innogest Venture capital, TICOM, Brainspark, The Moratti Family and industries such as Telecom Italia, Kataweb Group, as well as many angel investors. The startups of the DM network today cover the main areas of the online market. From platforms for online advertising, to the publishing and marketing services and e-commerce.
The total sales of subsidiaries, including the holdings of Brainspark, is over 100 million:
INVESTMENTS IN ITALY:
* BIBOP (LIBRARIES, COMMUNITY BUILDING, EDITORIAL MANAGEMENT, PLATFORM BUILDING)
* 4W (PERFORMANCE MARKETING)
* DIGITAL BEES (MUSIC PRODUCTION & RIGHTS MANAGEMENT)
* EMOTIONAL TARGET (POST-SALES AGENCY)
* LIVEXTENSION (MARKETING/MEDIA AGENCY)
* SPORTXTENSION (SPORT PRODUCTION & RIGHTS MANAGEMENT)
* NESSUNO TV (1ST POLITICAL TV IN THE SKY PLATFORM)
* T-STAR (T-SHIRT PRODUCER - OWNER OF THE BRAND “PAROLE DI COTONE”)
* TELECOM DESIGN (DIGITAL AGENCY SPECIALIZED IN LOCAL FORMATS)
* REALIZE (MANAGEMENT COMPANY)
* BRIGHT ZONE (MARKETING AGENCY)
* SINAPSI (WEB INTEGRATOR)
* EASY BABY (SKY SATELLITE CHANNEL SPECIALIZED IN MUMS)
* JUMPIN (COLLECTIVE BUYERS PLATFORM)
* GOOD GAMES (GAME DEVELOPMENT)
* SING RING (KARAOKE PLATFORM)
* WIZLIST (LIST OF WISHES)
* WAZZAP (SOCIAL NETWORK)
INVESTMENTS IN THE WORLD
* BIBOP TV INTERNATIONAL (COMMUNITIES IN THE DUTCH MARKET) - 50% JV WITH (DER TELEGRAPH GROUP)
* DIGITAL MAGICS BOSNIA (SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT – BOSNIA)
* RED BUTTON (TECH DEVELOPMENT - 20% JV WITH ALTICAST SAMSUNG - SOUTH COREA),
* BRAINSPARK (INVESTMENT COMPANY – AIM STOCK LISTED: BSP.L – UK)
New Technology & Media Evangelist
As an expert in IT and media, Gabriele Gresta is speaker in leading international congresses:
* Geneve (Swiss) - "Participation Tv With Mobile Interaction" - European Broadcasting Union
* Milan (Italy) - "More Than Zero Festival"
* Berlin (Germany) – “Multi-Channel Betting & Gambling 2008”
* Barcelona (Spain) – “Playboy Mobile World Summit”
* Pula (Italy) – “La TV in Digitale - Tecnologie e sviluppo dei contenuti digitali"
* Milan (Italy) – “Creativity Day – L’habitat dei creativi”
* Monte Carlo (Monaco) - MEM - Mobile Entertainment Market
* Rome (Italy) - “New TVs, new business models? Advertising-based vs content-paid model”, Video On the Net”
* Barcelona (Spain) - “Creating a successfully operative interactive television”, EiG - European iGaming 2007
* Bologna (Italy) - Seminar speaker “Innovazione e competitività nel distretto multimediale”
* Wroclaw (Poland) - “Television in 2012”, Prix Visionica International Festival for Television Creation
* Lucerne (Switzwrland) - “Crossmedia User Experience”, Eurovision Crossmedia² - Eurovision TV Summit 2007
* London (UK) - "Gambit Public Forum on TV Gaming"
* London (UK) - “Spring Telecommunications and Media Forum”, International Institute of Communications
* Barcelona (Spain) - “Technology and contents for the DTT” Mercat Audiovisual de Catalunya
Rome (Italy) - “On Demand TV”, The TV Evolution Summit
* Amsterdam (Holland) – “PICNIC ’06, Cross Media Week”
* London (UK) - “The IPTV Digital Home: Gateway to Expanded Content and Services - Music, Movies, broadband, VOIP...”
* Amsterdam (Holland) - “World Telemedia Congress”
* Nice (France) -"IEG: 4th European i-gaming congress 2005"
* Prague (Czech Republic) - “TeleTV Summit”
* Lisbon (Portugal) - “Workshop PARTICIPATING TV, TeleTv Summit”
* New York (USA) – United Nation Headquarter - "United Nations Intellectual Leaders Striving for the Stable Development of the Mankind"
Gabriele Gresta (Bibop) was co-host on several shows on the biggest national radio broadcaster in Italy:
* London Calling (Author * Performer)
* Speaker's Corner (Author * Co-host)
* Lo Chiameremo (Author * Co-Host)
Author, Host Perfomer
During his career in Telemontecarlo Gabriele Gresta (Bibop) was author and host on two editions of a daily afternoon TV Show called "Altromondo". It was the first video game competition hosted in a TV channel in Italy. After this experience, Gresta produced, authored and hosted two barter Tv shows for Telecom Italia:
* Musikafutura (Producer - Host)
* Clubnet Award (Producer - Host)
Military Service and Computer Science Teacher
Gabriele Gresta teached to 3 different classrooms the following subjects: Computer applications, MSDOS, Windows and Windows 95, Internet, Access.
Program languages: PASCAL, COBOL, UNIX, multimedial applications.
President and Founder
Gabriele Gresta founded and directed the first Italian cross media agency. Bibop was founded in 1995 as a new media incubator company and thanks to Gresta's direction within the first two years it reached 8 Bln (Italian Lira) turnover with 56 active clients among the top 50 brands. During this years Gresta acquired the skills of international business development driving the company expansion in foreign markets like South America, Asia, Middle East. Overtime Bibop has become a highly innovative Digital Publisher, implementing scalable business models. In 2004, Bibop merged with Digital Magics and became a Business Unit of the Digital Magics Company.
As a synergistic leverage on the digital publishing scene, Bibop is an active player on the Digital Marketing and Advertising area. Bibop has a strong positioning on the Italian market using technology, i.e. video and 3G formats, with tight partnerships along the value chain of the digital media.
This model allows a rapid prototyping and deployment of new consumer services on all platforms, guaranteeing recurrent revenues. The VAS (Value Added Service) model conceives that business risk and revenues are shared among display partners and content producers. The field where Bibop focalizes its investments are on entertainment field with a focus on community building, games, children entertainment, interactive TV, news, gossip, and sport in 3 main areas:
Inside Bibop, Gresta developed and produced cross media project for mainstream brands in the Italian industries such as:
* Telecom Italia
* Saati Group
Gresta also produced innovative Web site, Tv Formats and radio productions for the biggest international medias. International Business Development, including business planning & sales strategy; Community management for the most important websites;
Author, Producer and Host
Gabriele Gresta was involved as operative in the first Italian production for the launch of MTV ITALY. Gresta started as assistant in some of the most successful Tv formats and project of the channel, and then became a producer:
* Kitchen (host assistant – author)
* Tokushow (Author – Producer – Performer)
* Sushi (Author – Performer)
* Sashimi (Author)
* Sushi Desnudo (Chief Executive Producer – Author)
* Tiziana (Chief Executive Producer – Author)
* Bradipo (Author – Performer)
Art Director, PR, Press Office
Pascià, Energy, Cap Creus, Cose Di Notte, Piazza Grande
Gresta was involved in live gigs organization for the biggest Entertainment Key Client. Thematic events organization. Chief Press Relationship Management. Marketing manager. Writing articles, public relations, adv investiments on national newspaper.
Software Development Director
Alpha center International
Gabriele Gresta was Software Development for Alpha Superlearnig Systems;
Programming in: MSDOS, AMIGADOS, AMIGABASIC, TRUEBASIC, C++, ASSEMBLER 68000;
Gresta was ideating and producing the first Subliminal Audiovisual Superlearnig System in Alpha Phase;